1.13.2011

Hello, Nappy!

Every night after his bath, I gently brush the hair back over his ears parting it to the right, making perfect little swirls in the back.  And I stare at his perfect little head and wonder if he'll be the one who I can let have longer hair, with soft curls that hang over his ears and thick, wavy bangs that always fall into place.  I imagine those sweet curls peeking out from underneath his first birthday hat as he blows out his candle.   I imagine less haircuts and no mornings standing over the sink to wet his messy, tangled hair like I do with his brothers.  I smile as I sweep his hair over one last time as he falls asleep.  And then... morning comes.
And my dreams are dashed by a baby with a very serious case of bed head.  And suddenly I am holding him over the sink, combing through a nappy mess, trying desperately to find the hair I put him to bed with.  Note to self: pick up a squirt bottle at Target and find out if it is safe to use hair products on a baby.

No comments: