12.16.2010

Well Dressed

I found this monkey in the boys' room sporting a bow tie.  I smiled when I saw it and didn't dare remove it.  I felt certain Sam was behind the well dressed monkey.  You know, the one who changes so many times in a day that I 've quit counting.  He changes when he has an idea of a new character to play or if a drop of water hits his pants.  As a result, I find myself standing in his closet, hanging up clothes from morning until bedtime.  Jody calls him Samatella Versace.  He is our clothes horse.

So imagine my surprise when Jack and I were in his room together and he pointed to the monkey,"Look, Mama.  Look what my did."
"You did that?  I really love it, honey.  Your monkey looks so handsome."
"Yeah."
"Why did you put the bow tie on him?  Is he going somewhere special and he needed to dress up?"
"No, Mama. My had to do that so I could cover up his ding dong."
"With a bow tie, honey?"
"Yeah, Mama.  He didn't want nobody to see his ding dong so my covered it up for him."
And off he ran.
And the bow tie stayed on the monkey.  To cover his private parts that are apparently growing out of his neck.

No comments: