12.01.2010

Fat Chance

Tonight I asked the boys what they wanted for Christmas.

Sam responded in great detail about needing a black mama bear with a black bear cub and the mama is looking a certain way at a wolf. And the wolf is sitting a certain way, and is a particular shade of grey and has his headed facing to the side. Santa should have no trouble finding that. And he also really needs a new Davy Crockett bag and a new brown cowboy hat. And a polar bear costume and a wolf costume.

Then it was Jack's turn. "Jack, what are you wishing for this year, honey?"

A short pause.

"Um, Mama. Hammers. Just hammers, Mama. Lots and lots of hammers. So I can do this, motions as if he is banging something and yells, "Bang! Bang! Bang!" "Yeah, Mama. That's all I want. Just hammers."

Poor little thing. He's going to be so disappointed. Jack with a hammer is like Jack with matches or a knife or a can of spray paint. It ain't happening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until I tell Poppa that Jack wants hammers. That's the good thing about being a grandparent, you can give them a hammer and send them home. I will keep my eyes open for the bear as well.
Love you
G-Ma