12.05.2010

Caught

This is how I caught him.  No clothes.  Underwear on backwards.  Lighter tucked in the side of his drawers.  Dancing. Spinning.  Singing.  Laughing.  

Singing what?  "My gonna start a fire.  My gonna start a fire."  Loudly.  And with great excitement.  As if it was his favorite song.  "My gonna start a fire.  My gonna start a fire."

Oh, sweet Lord.  Add my name to the prayer chain.  Send me a life supply of root touch up to cover my grey hair.  Nerve medication, please.  This one is going to give me an ulcer.  Or a heart attack.  And he is only three.  I shutter when I think about him at twelve.  And I hyperventilate when a vision of him as a sixteen year old crosses my mind.  Lord, help me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brings back a bad memory of the day that Jody and Joseph caught my yard on fire. The fire went under the truck and right next to the house. There is nothing like a nice quiet afternoon and then look out the window and see the entire yard ablaze!!
Love you Jack!
G-MA