10.03.2010

Seven months

Today you are seven months old. And to mark this special occasion, you did something new today. For seven months, you have been mine. All mine. You are a wonderful baby. Always happy. Always smiling. And occasionally you are content and happy with other people taking care of you. That is, until you see me. When you lay eyes on me, you need me, and no one else will do. And I love it. I love being so needed by you. I love being the person you need the most. I love how much you love me.

Over the last few weeks, you have fallen in love with your Daddy. You are happy in his lap and you squeal and laugh when he tosses you up in the air. I leave you in his care and have no worries about you needing me. It offers me great peace to know you are more than just okay with him, but that you are happy and content. You already love riding the gator with your Daddy and giggle in excitement when he takes you to see the cows.

Today I held you in my lap as he, Sam and Jack prepared to go outside. When you realized they were leaving, you became restless. You began to whine and squirm until I sat you on the floor. The boys went outside and as you watched your Daddy turn to follow them, you whined and began to whimper. Your Daddy said you needed to stay home with me and again turned to leave. You crawled across the room faster than you ever had, until you were at his feet. You looked up to him in desperation as if to say, "Take me, take me. I want to go too." He bent down and scooped you into his arms and the biggest grin washed over you face. And off you went, thrilled to be with your Daddy, thrilled to be included.

My heart swelled with happiness as I watched you ride away with him, because I knew how happy you were. It was sweet and wonderful and a moment I won't soon forget. Thank you for today. Thank you for seven joy filled months. I love you, sweet boy. More than you'll ever know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It won't be much longer until all three of them are out with their Daddy for the entire Saturday. Then you will be able to go to the store alone and do things at home without having to stop 50 times. I loved it when it first happened for me. Then on my way to work this morning I heard the song, "anything like me" and it made me miss the way things use to be...I felt so sad.
Love you so much
G-MA