7.26.2010

The Middle

He is the spirit of our family.  He is laughter and joy and mischief and cuddles.  He is the perfect middle child.  It's the role he was born to play.  The middle brother.  The one who makes us smile and giggle and scratch our heads in wonder.  The one who fills us with such delight and happiness.  The boy who marches to the beat of his own drummer.  He is charming and charismatic and ridiculously adorable.  And he is such a wonderful little brother that I sometimes forget that he is also a big brother.  I am reminded when I catch him snuggling next to Will on the floor or rushing to find him a toy when he cries.  And when he gently kisses his forehead and pats the top of his head.  And I sit back and watch the little brother play the role of big brother.  And I smile.  My heart smiles. Because he is the perfect little brother and big brother all wrapped up in a precious, joyful little package.  Just perfect.

No comments: