7.19.2010

"Butter" Sandwiches

My middle child, these days...you love "butter" sandwiches and insist on making your own, you meticulously put the peanut butter on, drop by drop, making little swirly designs as you go, I think you've been watching your Mema ice cakes...you wear your cowboy boots everywhere, usually on the wrong feet...you are quite an actor an can do a fierce mad face and a pitiful sad face...you still wake up way too early...you are still obsessed with tractors and your Daddy's cows...you love chocolate milk...you can make my name have ten syllables, "MAAAA-MUHHHHH!"...you say Landry is your girlfriend...you are as stubborn as your Daddy (Lord, help me.)...you jumped in the pool this weekend without your water wings and had to be rescued by Ally, which scared us all to death and earned Ally the nickname "Baywatch" by crazy Eddie, Daddy's helper...my walls and base boards are scuffed up because you have no control over your rifle when you swing it around...you have started calling Will "Bill"...Nana gave you a tomahawk for using the potty, it lasted two minutes before you had it de-feathered and broken...you are doing pretty well potty training and have only had one "big" accident, you seem to struggle more with stopping to pee than anything...you thought it would be a good idea to climb behind me on the ladder of the bunk bed when I was changing the sheets today, we both fell and I nearly landed on you, you gave me a big smile and said, "Sorry, Mama. Sorry."... your Daddy has nicknamed you "Poo Diddy Scickles" (because he's always called you Poo and you insist on having your back "scickled") you hate it and say, "My not Poo Diddy Scickles!"...today in Walmart (which I hate), I turned to find you trying on women's orange flip flops, I later turned to find you following behind me with no shirt on (Thankfully, I recovered your shoes and shirt)...you later found a plastic sword and marched up and down the aisles the remainder of our trip singing, "Jackie Boone to the rescue!"...you make me really, really tired some days but you always shower me with hugs and kisses and those special moments certainly overshadow the frustrating times...and just so you know, I love you more today than I did yesterday, my sweet, happy boy.

No comments: