6.22.2010

Last Game

Sam had his last t-ball game last night.  To be honest, he has been counting done the games since the first one. You see, he would much rather be at home in his Davey Crockett costume "hunting Indians" than playing t-ball. I insisted that he finish, but I was happy too that last night was it as we sat there in the 100 degree heat.   We had a cookout after the game and each of the players got a trophy.  Sam was completely uninterested in the significance of the trophy or what the name plate said.  He was more concerned about why the man on the trophy was wearing long sleeves to play ball in.  Long sleeves like Davey Crockett wears.  In other words, he now believes he can wear his Davey Crockett outfit to play sports.  That's my boy.  My country, western, frontier-loving boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture. Sam is such a wonderful little person. I love you Sam.
Love
G-MA

MamaBear said...

Our Sam is playing Tball this year and I am SO glad it isn't that hot here! I would melt!

****I know my profile says MamaBear, but that's my personal blog profile - this is really Carrie, who's doing your blog book, writing to see if you've received my last two emails. I didn't hear back from you so I thought maybe your address had changed. We're ready to move onto the next phase of the book and I have a few questions for you about the design. If you could email me at 4theloveof family@gmail.com I would really appreciate it. Thanks!