6.07.2010

Jack of All Trades

Eddie is a guy that helps Jody out around the farm. He works cattle, bush hogs pastures, cuts grass and mends fences. He also helps Jody's Mema in her yard and keeps her sister Colleen's yard clean too. He helps me tremendously by trimming tree limbs, weed eating, washing my car and anything else I ask him to do. This is wonderful since my husband is busy in the evenings and on weekends with the cows and can't seem to find the time to help his dear old wife out when she needs it. I joke with Eddie that he has to be the part of the husband that does chores and maintenance for Jody. He is quite a character and he gets really excited and starts talking so fast some times I can't understand him. He makes me laugh and Jody makes me laugh harder when he imitates him. I look forward to hearing stories about Eddie and what he has done that is particularly crazy at work that day. He really does anything and everything to help us and I have grown to depend on him However, tonight he helped me in an area I wasn't quite expecting. I called Jody inside to feed Will for a couple of minutes while I bathed Sam and Jack. Jody and Eddie were mixing chemicals and he really didn't want to stop, but I insisted. I returned to the den to find this...
Eddie, our farm helper, feeding cereal and bananas to my baby. And thoroughly enjoying it. Jody was standing nearby reading his chemical bottle and grinning. Eddie was giggling, talking about an airplane coming in to land and repeatedly saying, "Okay, Will, okay. Open up. Open up. Here it comes. Here it comes!" Look at my child. He is certainly in shock, thinking "You are definitely not my Mama."
Soon, Will was cooing and grinning and then flat out laughing. And Eddie was laughing too. Will is such a happy boy and was just thankful to be eating. It was a sight. A sight I didn't expect to see. Never a dull moment around here.

3 comments:

Allyson Lee said...

Oh Lord. That is funny!

Rebecca said...

oh this makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Will looks like he is having fun.
Love
G-MA