5.21.2010

T-Ball Debut

Sam had his first t-ball game Thursday night. He wasn't very thrilled about playing and said he would much rather just stay at home and play with his animals. Thankfully, he has a very enthusiastic cousin playing, which made it a little more fun. Cannon loves baseball and I'm hoping his excitement will rub off on Sam a little. I think Sam was bored to death ten minutes into the game and was surely dreaming of rodeos and cowboys. He asked his Daddy the night before the game if he could bring his bow and arrow and just shoot the other kids when they catch the ball and then he could run take the ball from them. Hmmm, can you tell he's a little into cowboys and the wild west these days? I was very proud of him for sticking it out and going after the balls and I hope he'll grow to love it. He had his very own fan section full of grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins there to cheer him on. I told Jody on the way there that this could be the first game of many in our lives with three boys. I sure hope so.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved watching Sam's first game. He did such a good job.
Love
G-MA

Allyson Lee said...

Sam Standley looks just like you and I never realized how much so until I saw him in his batting helmet. The picture at the top of this post is awesome....my new favorite Sam picture.
Allyson