1.21.2010

Sweet Spirit

Sam has become very interested in talking about God lately.  He loves questioning me about "Who made...?" followed by all the things of the universe like stars, animals, bugs, babies, rain and so on.  He talks often about how "God made the whole world, even me." He has started asking a lot of questions about heaven and even still talks about Randy. His questions are often very hard to answer and leave me searching for the right words. Words that will allow him to understand all the wonder of heaven without being afraid or worried about dying.  He continually asks, "Why didn't the doctors just make Randy get well?  Why did God want him to go to heaven instead of just getting better?  Why doesn't God let me go to heaven when I get sick?  If I get more germs in my belly will I go to heaven to0?  Does God only want older people to live in heaven with him and not little boys like me?"  

I am amazed by his deep thinking and hope I can teach him about all the things he wants to know about God.  I am so happy that he is interested in learning more and that he already knows about how powerful God is.  He enjoys saying his prayers, but this has usually been reserved for before meals and at bedtime.  Last night he walked up to me in the playroom and said, "Hey, Mama.  Let's pray."  He immediately bowed his head and said, "Dear God...thank you for making the whole world.  Thank you for making all the animals.  And for making bears.  Thank you God for everything.  Everything.  I love you God."  And he ran back to play, without missing a beat.  And I remain amazed...

No comments: