11.28.2009

Thankful He Remembered Me

Sam did his thank you chart again this year to celebrate the Thanksgiving season. This year he focused less on individuals he was thankful for and more on things...like animals and leaves and all that important stuff. I encouraged him to list people he was thankful for and he gladly yelled out "Cade, Cannon, Landry and Ally!" Days went by with no other mention of any other person. I vowed not to encourage him to name a person again and to just let him shout out what ever was in his heart. I am happy to say that he did finally murmur the words I'd been longing to hear, "Mama!" I came in a respectable 27th this year, behind wood, changing clothes and even monsters (I still haven't figured that one out yet). Poor Jody and Jack didn't even make the cut this year. So I am just thankful to have been mentioned. Even if it was 27th.

Sam is thankful for...
bears, noggin, kangaroos, animal cookies, milk cups, chimpanzees, changing clothes, monkeys, my name, picking flowers, birds, Africa, monsters, funny stuff, Cade, Cannon, Landry, Ally, leaves, working in my garden, taking baths, the sun, wood, going to the beach, berries, Mama, pictures, toast, zookeepers.

No comments: