10.22.2009

Two Year Well Check

Jack went for his two year well check yesterday and is happy and healthy at 31.4 pounds and 35 inches tall. Ironically, Jack was my bigger baby, nearly a full pound heavier than Sam and one inch longer, but he is now two inches shorter and three pounds lighter than his big brother was at two. He entertained Dr. Mann and thought it was hilarious that looking at his private parts was part of the exam. He yelled out "Ding Dong! Ding Dong!" until Dr. Mann was soon chiming in and saying "Yep, that's your ding dong. I see it Jack. Yep, that's your ding dong."

I found out earlier in the day that there was an opening at preschool and Sam was free to start in November. I was excited but reserved, knowing that Sam would have a hard time understanding why he was going to school with Cannon but wasn't in his class. I talked it over with Dr. Mann and he reassured me that we were fine to wait until next year and that the biggest benefit is social skills. "Sam will be fine waiting until he's four," he said. During this discussion Jack was bouncing up and down on the bench, making faces at his reflection in the window and laughing for no known reason. "Oh, and by the way," Dr. Mann said, "you have nothing to worry about with that one (pointing to Jack). He appears to have no problems in the social area." Boy, he nailed that one. Jack is my very social, very funny, very outrageous, two year old. And I could just eat him up. All 31.4 pounds of him.

My Little Stinker...


No comments: