10.13.2009

Thrilled

I am absolutely thrilled to be welcoming another boy into our family. I think people assume that after two boys a mother is desperate for a little girl. Don't get me wrong, a part of me longs for a little girl. That being said, I love having boys. I have always said I wanted four boys. I am a "Boy's Mama." I love playing sports, don't mind getting dirty and enjoy being outside. Boys are a perfect fit for me. Boys just work for me. After Landry was born, I found myself wanting a girl for the first time in my life. She was just so delicate and dainty and I couldn't get over how pitiful Corey was over her. Yes, I decided, that's what we need around here. A girl. That's what Jody needs, a little girl to leave his heart in a puddle like my boys leave mine. And maybe one day, we'll have a girl, but if not, I'm okay with that too. For many reasons. Like...

-I can still put all those boy clothes that I've spent a small fortune on to good use...
-We can travel the world with the money we'll save by not having to pay for any weddings...
-Boys adore their Mama...
-I don't have to change the name of my blog...
-Landry can retain her crown as the queen among all these boys...
-All these boy toys can be reused...
-The nursery is already painted blue (although I'm pushing to paint it red)...
-No beauty pageants...
-I'll have my own landscape crew in about ten years...
-We already own three classic trucks. Three boys, three trucks, works out perfectly...
-And most importantly, a boy means another one of these...
and the one thing I already know. It's a love like no other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!
I am the luckiest G-MA in the world. Boy or girl, I didn't care. I just seem to know a little more about boys. Either way aren't we so BLESSED.
Love
G-MA