10.18.2009

State Fair

We headed out bright and early Friday to the State Fair. Jody, me, the boys, G-Ma and Poppa, Aunt Boo and Papa all enjoyed our day together. We did a lot of eating, saw lots of animals and old farm equipment and rode rides before calling it a day. The boys had a wonderful time with their grandparents and their great-grandpa and Boo.

The boys started the day with a sausage biscuit. Jack, like always, quickly pulls out the meat and tosses the biscuit...
Papa enjoyed a biscuit too...
Sam was freezing, so Jody had to buy a shirt for him to wrap up in. I felt like an awful mother when we got there and it was freezing. All the other children were bundled up in winter coats and hats and my poor boys were shivering. Luckily, it warmed up.
Jody bought me a roasted ear of corn, the only thing I really, really wanted to eat. I stepped away and came back to get my corn only to find Jack tearing into it.
We went through an area with handmade crafts and Sam ran up to me after we came out of the building. "Mommy, I was telling you there was a bear in there and you didn't hear me," he said. I apologized for not hearing him and back we went inside. He marched straight up to the correct booth and pointed to a bear, tucked way behind other animals. I don't know how he even saw it. Needless to say, the little carved bear came home with us.
Jack got up close and personal with some livestock...
Poppa showed the boys a giant waterfall...
The boys did a little light reading when someone gave them a free bible...
Jack took a little target practice...
And then we headed to the rides. I had to ride a couple with the boys and on the snake roller coaster, I was quite certain the baby was going to be shaken loose from my belly. They loved the carousel...

And then they took a spin around on a dump truck...
We ended the day with a train ride, my two sweeties perched happily in the caboose...



After finding a stuffed Dora for Jack and a toy dog on a leash for Sam, we called it a day and headed home. Another wonderful day...

No comments: