8.19.2009

Busy

We've had a busy few days around here.  We celebrated my grandmother's 75th birthday, stayed busy at home the rest of the weekend, headed to the ENT for Jack's six month checkup on Monday, hosted a kid's clothing party Tuesday night, swam, swam some more and my office is currently overflowing with guys for the ever so important Fantasy Football draft.

The highlight of the past few days was late yesterday when Sam opened our front door to find his best buddies standing on his doorstep.  Yes, the Lees are back in town and life is wonderful for my boys.  We went to a new pool today and I forgot the boys' swimmies.  Luckily the pool has a very large shallow end so I didn't have a total nervous breakdown.  Soon Sam was swimming under the water (we're still working on the whole kicking part) and even went down the big water slide.  He was loving it until the fourth time.  On this trip down he flipped and ended up coming down backwards on his belly.  And that was it for the water slide for today.

In other news, one would wonder why I have no pictures to show the reunion of the cousins or the fun at the pool.  Well I'm not naming any names (JACK STANDLEY), but someone in our house thought it would be a brilliant idea to squeeze a full tube of steroid cream (for my current case of poison ivy) all over my camera and lens.  Yes, my lovely black Nikon was completely white, every inch covered in ointment. He managed to squeeze out enough to cover my Mac too just for giggles.  I cleaned my camera and lens thoroughly and thought all was okay until I attempted to take a picture of the group swimming last night.  I hit the shutter and received a nice message "ERROR.  PLEASE PRESS SHUTTER RELEASE AGAIN."  I am hoping for a simple fix.  I'd hate to have teach my boy a lesson and cash in savings bonds to pay for his handiwork.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Now your thinking. Lets cash em in.