8.29.2009

Breakfast With My Buddy

This morning I had a special treat. A breakfast date with my favorite three year old. Jack, my early riser, headed out with Daddy to move cows. Sam, my sleeping beauty, stayed in bed until I shook him awake asking him to join me for breakfast. We went to Cracker Barrel where we ordered way too much food (Sam couldn't decide what he wanted) and just enjoyed each other's company. It is a rare treat to have one on one time with one of my boys, so I cherished this morning with my sweet boy. We talked and I found myself just staring at him in amazement, amazed at how much he's grown and just how wonderful he is. I just love this little one so very much. More and more with every passing day. I am so blessed to be his Mom. Even if he suckers me into spending money when I shouldn't. I should have headed to McDonald's instead of Cracker Barrel. What was I thinking choosing a restaurant with a gift shop? A stuffed red fox, a stuffed lemur (because we didn't have these animals and they are a necessity to any animal enthusiast), two John Deere shirts and $60 later (not counting our food) we headed home. Sam proved to be an expensive date but I enjoyed every second with him. Every expensive second.

No comments: