8.07.2009

22 Months

Jack, my little one, at 22 months you are still every bit the charmer you've always been.  You are ridiculously silly and remain my funny boy. You are still very busy and very destructive and it is quite amazing what trouble your little hands continue to get you into.  Your vocabulary continues to grow every day and I am amazed by all you know already.  Your are so sweet and lovable and you do so many things that make me smile, as my heart overflows with love for you.  Your newest sweet trick is to climb into my lap, or on top of me if I'm in bed (trying to sleep), and put your chubby little hands on my face and grin at me.  Your face is only inches from mine and your eyes are twinkling with delight as you laugh and yell, "Mama, Mommy, My Mommy!"  over and over again until we are both laughing ourselves silly.  I cherish these moments because this is what makes you, you.
Your exude happiness and sugar but no one should be mistaken into thinking they can walk over you.  You have a fierce temper and get furious when you fall down and get hurt or embarrassed.  You're not easily consoled during these times but as quickly as the temper came, it leaves and my joy baby returns.  Sam is learning fast that his days as the boss are now numbered and you are quick to give him a stiff punch if he crosses you.  You two have begun the fighting stage that I'm sure will span the next ten years of my life, but you quickly make up and are buddies again.  Your love for your brother makes me love you, sweet Jack, even more.
You are constantly in motion, running as fast as your tiny legs will carry you.  Your run is still hilarious and remains one of my favorite things about you.  You rarely sit still and refuse to let me come near you with my camera.  If I do catch you, you offer me your silliest grin, yell out a loud "cheese," and are on your way again.  Therefore, many of the pictures I take of you are a blurry mess, out of focus and often of your backside.  But I'll keep trying, and I'm sure you'll keep making me work for it.  This is you in all your glory, fast and funny, making sure that I stay on my toes and enjoy the wonderful ride of being your mother.
So another month has passed all too quickly and now it is painfully close to your second birthday.  Only two more months as a one year old, where have the days gone?  They have surely been spent tickling, running, yelling and laughing our way through each moment.  You will never fully understand what you mean to me and our family because, sweet one, there simply are no words to explain the endless joy you bring to everyone.  It is you, Jack, who puts the laughter in my heart and the grin on my face.  I love you little one.  So, so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

22 months........where has the time gone. Jack keeps up all young at heart
Love
G-MA