7.20.2009

Heartbroken

That's how my two boys are feeling tonight...heartbroken.  Their very best buddies, their cousins, left tonight to visit their daddy.  Sam is so upset and worried about them leaving.  I told him they would be home in a few weeks, but that didn't help.  I have the feeling it's going to be a long few weeks around our house.

Landry and Jack, normally enemies, put their differences aside and gave each other a little love before saying goodbye.
Sam refused to let Nana pull off with his buddies.  He climbed in the car and after dragging him out, he stood watch at the door.
Jack hated to see them go too.  They kept telling each other "I'll miss you" and "I'll call you."
When the car was out of sight, Sam fell all to pieces.  He sobbed, tears streaming down his face.
I sure hope my boys won't be this sad the entire time their buddies are gone.  I don't know if their heart, or mine, can take it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. I know it was hard for Cathy to drive away. Time will go by fast and they'll be home.
Love you
G-Ma

Unknown said...

This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen! Poor babies :(