6.18.2009

Caterpillars

Yesterday while outside, I discovered that one of my flower beds was full of caterpillars.  I called Cade over because I knew he would love to catch them for his butterfly house.  Cade and I worked quietly gathering them all, but soon the other boys saw what we were doing and joined in.  We found over thirty caterpillars and in all different sizes.  After catching them, the boys decided they needed a quick dip in the bird bath, you know, in case they were dirty.




Sam was very interested in helping catch the little creatures and would hold them happily for the longest time.  But suddenly the caterpillar would move or fall onto his shirt and he would scream like a twelve year old girl until his Mama removed the tiny thing from his hand, arm, shirt, etc.  After a few of these breakdowns, Sam decided he was happiest admiring the caterpillars from a distance and thought that his killer whale toy was the perfect spot to watch them crawl around.  Yes, this is the same boy who insists he could beat up a mountain lion and a bear and a crocodile.  And I'm sure he could, as long as they don't have a caterpillar with them.

No comments: