4.19.2009

More Than That

This morning while the boys were tinkering around outside, Sam and I had this conversation...

"Mommy, guess how much I love you?"

"How much, buddy?"

"This much," he said with his arms stretched as wide as they could go.

"Oh, Sam.  Thank you for that.  And do you know how much I love you?"

Without hesitation, "All the way to the moon and back, Mommy."

"That's right, buddy.  And do you know how much I love Jack?"

Pause...

"Yes.  All the way to town and back."

And off he ran.  And I smiled at his innocence and his matter-of fact statement and his ability to manage to be the "winner" in the "How Much Mommy Loves Us Contest."  But little does he know...

I love him far more than the 200,000 plus miles to the moon...
and I certainly love this sweet monkey far more than the six miles to town, much, much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they beautiful
G-MA