4.22.2009

Buckethead

There's always more than one use for something, right?  My boys teach me this daily.  Everything can have multiple, often very creative, uses.  A sand bucket for example...it may be used to build sandcastles or to tote a new rock collection.  This week this average bucket has been Landry Lamb's water bucket.  Landry has been hanging out in our back yard this week, enjoying the nice weather and playtime with the boys.  She is also enjoying devouring my sod a little more than I appreciate.  Yesterday as we played in the backyard, I turned to see Jack using the bucket as a hat.  He proudly strutted around with that wet "hat" on his head.  Sam insisted on wearing it too and soon they were taking turns marching through the yard with the dirty, slobbery water bucket perched on their sweet little heads.  And while I was repulsed, they were happy and saw nothing wrong with sporting a "hat" that an animal had been sloshing saliva in for days.  Boys, boys, boys...they are the very reason hand sanitizer was invented.

No comments: