3.22.2009

The Good Stuff

Before these two were here, my idea of a perfect weekend involved sleeping until my eyes popped open, cleaning my house, reading a great book, shopping, watching movies and spending endless time doing whatever I pleased.  And I thought that was the good life...

No, this is the good life.  Being awakened at midnight to a little one whose teeth are really hurting and finding a vacant bed to cuddle the rest of the night with him, cleaning a house that never seems to stay clean for long these days, watching Noggin until I find myself singing "Days are the sunniest..." along with Moose, turning on a bubble machine that leaves my little ones mesmerized, watching my husband become a jungle gym for his two overactive sons, spending endless hours outside until I, too, have dirt under my fingernails, pushing bicycles and pulling wagons and hearing "one more time, mommy" dozens of times.

Yes, these are the good times you can't even imagine until you're living it.  Seeing life through the eyes of my boys.  I never knew how much I was missing...until these two were here.

No comments: