2.26.2009

A Crappy Morning

Jack had his appointment today at the allergy doctor.  We had to be in Raleigh by 9:15 which is an undertaking for us.  Getting two boys up, dressed and fed by 8:45 is no less than a small miracle.  Jack is usually up by 7:30 every morning.  Today he wasn't.  I laid in bed waiting to hear that sweet little whine telling me "I'm up...the party can start!"  And when I didn't, I got a little disgusted thinking that of all the mornings that my early bird chooses to sleep in, we have to get up and out the door this morning.

But I let him sleep.  I got up, checked my email, browsed a few blogs...still silence.  So at 8:20 I cracked the door open and peeked in his room.  There he sat, back to me, talking and seeming very cheerful.  I was a little puzzled as to why he hadn't called for me the minute his eyes cracked open like he usually does.  Had he actually found a way to pass the time and play in his crib for a few extra minutes hoping to give his much deserving Mama a few extra winks of sleep?  He had reached a new level on the sweetness meter if he was going to stay in his crib until after 8:00 for me, his Mama that could lay in bed until noon.

Well...I should have known better.  This is what my Jack was passing the time doing...what kept him quiet and very, very busy for those extra moments this morning.


Yes, he pooped and for some unknown reason decided today would be a good day to see what happens if you stick your hand in your dirty diaper and use your crap for fingerpaint.  It was on every stuffed animal, both blankets, a pillow, the bumper and the dust ruffle.  He had "it" between his fingers, under his fingernails and large amounts between his toes and under his big toenail.  I saw none on his face (thank the Lord) so thankfully he refrained from smearing it there.  Disgusting is an understatement.  Straight to the tub he went...clothes and all.  And to think, I was so prepared to sing his praises for getting on Sam and Mama's "sleep late train". Now I know that if he hasn't graced me with a scream by 7:45, I best get my you know what out of bed and check on him.  He is likely up to no good....or up to his elbows in *$#%!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is going to be an artist. Turning crap into a work of art takes talent. His G-Ma appreciates his work of art.
Love you
G-Ma

Jodi Lowe said...

I am about to pee in my pants!!! That is so funny!

Jodi Lowe said...

I am about to pee in my pants!!! That is so funny!