12.21.2008

Granny & Papa's Christmas

We had Christmas dinner at my grandparents house tonight.  We struggled all afternoon over whether to go or not because the boys haven't felt good all day and both were running fevers.  I gave them plenty of medicine and as soon as their fevers were gone we hit the road.  We had a delicious dinner and the boys enjoyed playing in Granny's basement.  Papa had a fire going (he would have had a fire if it had been 80 degrees outside) like he does every Christmas and we were all a little toasty to say the least.  Soon after dinner, both boys began to show signs of feeling bad again so I knew we had to go home.  Both boys were beginning to run fevers again and before we could get out the door Jack threw up all over himself and Granny's kitchen floor.  His fever had spiked and he felt awful.  We left in such a rush I can't even remember if I told folks goodbye.  I know everyone understood and we look forward to being well and seeing everyone again soon. 

All the boys enjoyed eating dinner with their cousin Riley.
Sam checks out his first gift.
Jack loved his Santa that lit up and played music.

No comments: