11.29.2008

Thanksgiving Recap

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving...family time, beautiful weather and fun with the boys.  We had three stops on Thanksgiving...Jody's Mema and Granddaddy's house, lunch at Papa's Place and dinner at my parent's house.  Delicious food and great company.  We are so blessed.  Sam and Jack loved all the food and the attention.  Sam spent Thanksgiving afternoon doing what he loves...working. He helped rake Keen-Keen's yard and refused to come home until he was finished. He came home dirty but with six hard-earned dollars in his pocket. We decorated for Christmas on Friday and had a little tree drama.  My prelit tree (which is only two years old) only had two working light strands.  We tried for hours to make it work.  I even went to Lowes and bought some strange tool that was suppose to repair the strands that refused to light up.  It only fixed a couple.  Jody said it didn't really need lights..."just put ornaments in the area where the lights should be working." Can you feel my frustration?  Finally we gave up and went out to buy a real tree...and I am so glad.  It smells great and nothing beats the real thing.  December is sure to be an exciting month...but then again, everyday is exciting around here.

My Blessings



Multi-tasking..eating corn and climbing steps...

Tractor time

Hard at work...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite moments at Thanksgiving. I loved it.
G-MA