11.26.2008

Sam's Thank-Yous

Last year I bought a "Give Thanks" chart at Pottery Barn Kids looking forward to the year our family could use it.  It has a slot for each day of the month and cards to write on and stuff in the pockets.  I was excited to pull it out this year knowing that Sam could tell me things he is thankful for and we could record them on our chart.  

Every few days I would ask Sam to come over and sit with me so we could do his "thank yous."  He would ramble off a few things and enjoyed watching me fill the pockets.  Many days he said the same three things: "Mema, Papa and tractors."  When saying his blessing or his bedtime prayers these are always the three things he thanks God for, with the occasional "food", "cows" and "Mama, Daddy and Jack" thrown in.  So it took a little coaching to get 30 different "Thank Yous" out of my sweetie, but we did it!  And I must say it was an extra special blessing for me to hear his sweet words of thanks.

Sam's Thank Yous:
Mema
Papa
animals
tractors
  Keen Keen
G-Ma
Poppa
Mama
Daddy
Jack
Nana
JP
God
cows
food
Ally
Cade
Cannon
Landry
milk cups
MeMe
Robin
Sasha
Brad
Chad
Aunt Boo
Johnny
sunshine
barns
songs


No comments: